Since 6/2/18 I moved to SPRU – University of Sussex as Lecturer in the Economics of Innovation (http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/people/lists/person/443595). My uni-jena email remains active.
Important notifications for the students
NEWS: the Microeconomics Chair has a new procedure to apply for Master Theses. Check it out here in our brand-new Theses&Guidelines page.
Topics of interest for Master Theses:
– Economic (and institutional/legal) aspects of automation, robotics, and artificial intelligence
– Machine learning applied to economic predictions
– Economic aspects of digitalization processes
– Long waves and general purpose technologies: modeling and/or empirical studies
– Studies/Dynamics of industries displaying peculiar economic behaviors: two/multi-sided markets, platforms, linked payoffs
– Innovation with pervasive potentials introduced because of digital transformations: e.g. blockchain
– Industrial dynamics and organization of digital industries: Music, Video/TV/streaming
– Markets with no markets: repugnant transactions, etc.
– Technology gap models in the era of global value chains / urbanization and innovation / labor flows and innovation
– Secular stagnation, productivity slowdown
– Industrial policies in the XXI century
– Airport Economics
– Network incentives (e.g. in the adoption of consumer styles/sustainability/ firms behaviors in clusters)
How-to: asking for a Reference letter - requests failing to comply will not be considered
1. Email (email@example.com) your request at least two weeks before the deadline for the letter.
2. Send a separate email for each letter you need.
3. In the email subject line mention both the purpose of the letter (e.g. Ph.D. application, Jena) and the date/deadline for submission
4. To each email, attach your current CV and some information on the position/job you are applying to
5. Provide your average mark and the marks in the courses provided by myself or by the Chair of Microeconomics.
General rule for email writing:
- FSU Jena, Chair of Microeconomics, Department of Economics and Business Administration, Carl-Zeiss-Straße 3, D-07743 Jena
- Office: 5.22
- Phone: +49 (0) 3641-9 43203
- Mail: simone.vannuccini[at]uni-jena.de
Main fields of Research and Interest
- Industrial dynamics / Industrial Organization / Industrial Policy
- Economics of Innovation / Neo-Schumpeterian and Evolutionary Economics
- Growth Theory
- Complexity theory
- Twitter: @svannuccini
- ResearchGate: researchgate.net/profile/Simone_Vannuccini/
- Academia.edu: uni-jena.academia.edu/SimoneVannuccini
- Facebook: facebook.com/simonevannuccini
|2018-current||Lecturer in the Economics of Innovation, SPRU, University of Sussex|
|2012-2018/2||Assistant to the Chair of Prof. Dr. Uwe Cantner (Lehrstuhl für Mikoökonomik).|
|2010-2012||Ph.D candidate at Graduate College ‘The Economics of Innovative Change’, Graduate School ‘Human Behaviour in Social and Economic Change’, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena and Max Planck Institute of Economics, Jena|
|2008-2010||MA in Advanced Development Economics, University of Florence|
|2004-2008||BA in Economic Development and International Cooperation, University of Florence.|